Family’s Autopsy Says George Floyd Was Asphyxiated

Radio On Fire
Terrence Floyd, the brother of the late George Floyd, visited the site on 38th Street and Chicago Avenue where George was killed,

Attorneys representing George Floyd’s family released findings of their own autopsy that said the man was asphyxiated while now-fired officer Derek Chauvin had his kneeing pinning Floyd’s neck. The results directly challenged preliminary results from the examination by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office that he was not strangled, but died from other factors, including being restrained.

“George died because he needed a breath, a breath of air,” family attorney Ben Crump said during a news conference Monday afternoon. “For George Floyd, the ambulance was his hearse.”

Crump added that Floyd “was living, breathing, talking until we see those officers restrain him while he’s face down in handcuffs with Officer Chauvin having his knee lodged into his neck for over 8 minutes, almost 9 minutes, and the other officer having both his knees lodged into his back. And the doctors will explain the significance of that, as to the cause and manner of death.”

The attorney said that all the evidence to date points to Floyd having died at the scene and not later that night, when he was at HCMC.

“The medics, based on the EMT report that we have in our possession, performed pulse checks several times finding none and delivered one shock by their monitor, but George’s condition did not change,” he said. “They delivered him to the hospital, continued ventilation, but that last report was the patient was still pulseless.”

Crump said last week that relatives sought their own autopsy because the first examination’s findings “do not address in detail the effect of the purposeful use of force on Mr. Floyd’s neck and the extent of Mr. Floyd’s suffering at the hands of the police.”

Source: Star Tribune

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Suspect In Shooting Of Baltimore Police Officer Arrested

It took Baltimore law enforcement 7 days to arrest Antonio Oliver Janifer who they say shot Officer Joshua Jackson on May 26th in Federal Hill. According […]

Subscribe US Now


Enjoy RadioOnFire? Please spread the word :)